Monday, December 13, 2010

Old and new favorites

Didn't do a whole lot of cooking this weekend, but I spent a lot of time eating and ordering out at some great places. Here's the recap:

Friday dinner at Momocho:
This Ohio City eatery is my favorite restaurant in Cleveland. They call it Mod Mex and it's the perfect description. I took my parents for their first time and we shared some of my favorite taquitos (sort of a build-your-own taco kinda thing):
  • Pato (slow-roasted duck with pomegranate bbq sauce)
  • Carnitas (adobo-braised pork with honey chipotle mojo)
  • Machaca (coffee and ancho-braised beef briskett with guacamole)
I think it's safe to say my parents were impressed.

Check it out - www.momocho.com

Saturday breakfast at Lucky's Cafe:
Met some people for breakfast at this Tremont spot. I've heard a lot about how great it is - and getting a visit from Guy Fieri certainly helps! The ENTIRE menu looked amazing but I finally settled on the Bruleed Steel Cut Oatmeal: Warm oats topped with winter fruit compote, served with eggs en croute (eggs baked in cream, spinach and parmesan - delicious, smooth and perfect-tasting!), even the house-made multi-grain toast was just great.

I highly recommend it and can't wait to come back in warmer weather to check out the patio and garden.

Check it out - www.luckyscafe.com

The rest of the weekend was filled with food and friends. Our 2nd-annual Christmas party with what I'll call a "continental menu" - everything from taco dip to bbq wings to spinach spanakopita to crab rangoon and a sprinkling of a few more apps and desserts in between. Then, we spent a lazy Sunday watching the Browns-Bills game with friends and snacked on our favorite local pizza - A Slice Above in Strongsville (asliceabovepizza.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment