Sunday, March 6, 2011

Review: Buckeye Beer Engine

Beer Engine is a place I've been meaning to visit for years now. I'm a huge craft beer fan, and this place boasts one of Cleveland's beer lists. I finally made it there last night, and I'm glad I did.

On a Saturday night, the 20-minute wait for a table was a nice surprise. And it went by even quicker thanks to the friendly staff. By the time we read through their extensive beer list and placed an order, we were minutes away from being seated.

We started with one of our favorite Hefewiezens - Franziskaner - and one of Buckeye's house brews called Witless, which was a light Belgium White Ale.

The menu included some classic bar food options, as well some unique twists on the traditional. The also offered a nice selection of classic Cleveland ethnic food (chicken paprikash, cabbage and noodles and pierogies).

We choose two burgers:

The Westside - a cheeseburger topped with a pierogie and sour cream, served with Buckeye chips and a breaded pickle.

The Mammoth Patty Melt - A burger with cheddar and swiss cheese, topped with sour cream on grilled marble rye. I substituted a side of cabbage and noodles for the chips and pickle.




With dinner, we ordered more beers: Ommegang Witte (a Belgian White Ale) and Ayinger Brau-Weisse (my new favorite Hefeweizen). In case you aren't seeing the pattern, we really love certain types of brews.

Now that I've finally been to the Beer Engine, I can definitely say I'm a fan. Cheap burgers and great beer are always a perfect combination!

Check it out: www.buckeyebeerengine.com

Buckeye Beer Engine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment