Thursday, March 24, 2011

Getting ready for fish friday

I'm big on leftovers for lunch. But now that it's lent, I have to be careful not to make a meat dish on Thursday night or I won't be able to eat it for lunch. This added rule has actually be nice - it's helped us eat healthier and keeps me thinking of creative seafood dinners.

Tonight we had: Shrimp and wild rice in lemon-white wine broth

This was incredibly easy to make. I cooked the wild rice according to package directions (it took about 25 minutes). Meanwhile, I cooked the shrimp on my large frying pan with a little bit of chicken broth. Once the shrimp was mostly pink, I added the zest of one lemon some baby spinach (gotta get some veggies in there). Once the spinach was wilted, I added 2 splashes of white wine.

I finished it off by combining the shrimp mixture with the wild rice and topped it with a little bit of Parmesan cheese. And, of course, I poured some of that wine in a glass to enjoy with this fabulous meal!

1 comment:

  1. I love shrimp dishes. For a while, I have been wanting a quick shrimp recipe. Most of the recipes online have a lot of added steps and complications and this one seems really simple, but it includes what I consider to be the necessary ingredients: wine and lemon.

    ReplyDelete