Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Experimenting with my favorite things

For tonight's dinner, I thought I'd see what I could come up with using some of my favorite foods.
Favorite Vegetables: Zucchini and Yellow Squash
Favorite Spice: Cumin
Favorite Food Overall: Pasta

With those ingredients, plus garlic, coriander, chicken breast and cream, I came up with this:
...sort of a creamy, spiced-garlic chicken pasta.

Here's how you make it:
Cook pasta according to package directions. I used mezze penne because it's the perfect small shape.

Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and put the pieces in a bowl. Mince a few cloves of garlic. Add the garlic, cumin, coriander and olive oil to the bowl and toss to coat.

On medium heat, cook the chicken in a large frying pan. While the chicken cooks, slice one zucchini and one squash and add the pieces to the pan. Then, add a little heavy cream to create a sauce.

Toss all together. It was so delicious, I'll definitely be adding it to my list of quick and easy meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment