Sunday, February 13, 2011

"bac" for another great meal

Last night, I went to bac in Tremont for the second time, and had another great dinner.

The atmosphere is clean and simple, white and modern decor with nice lighting and great music. The Asian-fusion menu had something for everyone in our group.

Let's start with drinks - a decent selection of popular and craft beers, wines and specialty cocktails. At our table, we sampled everything from a $2 can of PBR to the 17th Parallel, a mix of vodka and cucumber water.

Now for the food:
My husband went with his old standby - Pad Thai - and, as usual, it didn't disappoint.





I went with my usual, too - one of the curry options. This spicy green curry had the usual ingredients - red peppers, zucchini, onions - as well as a pleasant surprise: avocado. It was the perfect smooth flavor to balance out the spice.




Our friends rounded out the selection with braised short ribs served in a plum wine sauce, accompanied by the always delicious PBR...
...and yellow mango curry, a sweeter curry dish than my green version.


In the end, it was a great meal and a great vibe, and I know I'll be back again.

Once you check it out, you probably will too.
www.bactremont.com

Bac Asian American Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment