Roasted Cauliflower Penne with Rosemary Cream
- 1 large clove garlic, halved
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 sprigs rosemary, 1 sprig finely chopped
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound whole wheat penne pasta (I used rotini 'cause that's what I had in my pantry)
- 1 head cauliflower, roasted
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more to pass around the table
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (I left these out 'cause I don't like walnuts)
Rub the inside of a small saucepan all over with the garlic. Add the cream, the two whole rosemary sprigs and the nutmeg; season with pepper and cook over medium-low heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Discard the rosemary.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and transfer the pasta to a serving bowl. Add the rosemary cream, cauliflower and Pecorino Romano cheese; toss to coat.
Season with salt and pepper and top with the walnuts and chopped rosemary. Pass more cheese around the table.
Hope you like it as much as we did!