Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Adding a rustic touch

Tonight I decided to pair something a little more modern with something a little more rustic:
Honey mustard pork chops with roasted root vegetables



I cut up a few carrots, one large parsnip and one turnip. Then, I added 4 whole cloves of garlic and half an onion, cut in large pieces. I seasoned with salt, ground sage and coriander and tossed with olive oil. Then, I roasted them in a ceramic dish for 30 minutes at 425 degrees.

While the veggies cooked, I spread honey mustard on two pork chops and fried them for about 6 minutes on each side until they were cooked through and the mustard created a crust around the chops.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm. Honey mustard pork chops sound amazing! Thanks so much for becoming a Rosebud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. We would love it if you would add the Rosebud banner to your site! xoxo

    ReplyDelete